SPORTS PREMIUM STATEMENT
The Sport Premium funding is money that primary schools receive each year from the Government to improve the quality of the PE and sports activities they offer pupils. The funding is based on the number of pupils in the school in Years 1 to 6. This money is used to develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers and to make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
During the academic year 2017 - 18, we will spend our Sports Premium Funding on the following:
- Working with external coaches to support the staff in delivering the PE curriculum whilst upskilling them as coaches themselves;
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/Sport;
- Providing cover to release teachers and teaching assistants to accompany and support pupils at sporting events, attend cluster meetings and time for PE co-ordinators to track Sports Premium impact;
- Transport costs to sports tournaments and festivals;
- Equipment to enhance PE opportunities for pupils;
- Providing new sporting opportunities for pupils.
Please see below further details of how we plan to spend this year's PE and Sport Premium
Please find below links to further information regarding the PE and Sport premium including REAL PE which is the scheme that we use in school.